Sunday, November 13, 2011

YOUR CHILD IS NOT SPECIAL

Every parent thinks that their little monster is special, that they are smart, artistic, athletic, and elite. I’m sorry but your child probably wont be the one to create world peace. They probably wont be the next Pablo Picasso. They probably wont become the world’s most accomplished multi-athlete. They could, but they are more likely to be “average”. 
I have the privilege to be a Sunday school teacher for 4-5 year old classes. One child in my 5 year old class last week was put into the corner. My sister and I punished him with a trip to the corner after saying “Penis” multiple times. Do I care that he said penis? No, not particularly but we thought it would be the best thing to do. (Plus we really dont like him). Do I think this kid is a genius because he knows his anatomy in prior years?? Hell no! I think he hears it and repeats it because that is common in five year old children. 
When his father came to pick him up, he seemed upset that his perfect little blessing to the world was stuck in the corner. This week he did not show up. That is because no parent wants to hear that their kid isn’t perfect. Instead of being mad with the child, or at least fixing the “problem”, they get mad at the teacher/other person for not adoring their kid. 
NO PERSON IS PERFECT, INCLUDING YOUR STICKY SLOBBERY KID. PLEASE STOP PRETENDING LIKE THEY ARE FLAWLESS BECAUSE YOUR ONLY SETTING THEM UP FOR FAILURE. THIS IS HOW THE COMMON DOUCHE BAG IS CREATED. 

No comments:

Post a Comment