Sunday, November 13, 2011

PRIVATE EYES

You think I’m heartless. You think I’m made of stone. You think I lack feelings and emotions. You’re wrong. You see me every day but you don’t know me at all. You look at me but you never really see me, do you? You cant see Everythin I am and Everythin I could potentially be. You can not hear my cries behind my private eyes. I build up an emotional barricade in hopes to keep pain out. If nobody can get in how can I be hurt? But, if nobody can get in how do I get out? I build it up and build it up but every wall eventually falls. When it does I am left to pick up the pieces. I hold a face of stone but own a vulnerable heart. You can see me but you won’t try to get in. Maybe this time I’d let you in. Will you tear my wall down and leave like the others or stay to protect my exposed heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment