Sunday, November 13, 2011

MEMORIES NEVER REMEMBERED.

Alcohol has veraciously influenced my life. I have grown up well aware of the effects alcohol can have on people. While still inexperienced i repeatedly told myself that i would never touch the addictive poison…. little did i know that i would in only a matter of years. 
While enduring a few dark months i experimented with multiple societal ”no-no’s”. While attending a party i picked up a cup to forget everything… then a second cup, and another, and another….. until i was fumbling around. Everyone was laughing so I “cut loose” and kept drinking. I did things that night that i would not usually do. I do not remember that night well. It was a colossal slur of a night, before i knew it i was passed out on a friend and puking. Puking was the one thing i remembered from that night without assistance from other party goers. The burning of my throat and the curling of my stomach was the one thing the alcohol could not hinder. thankfully, my friends took plenty of pictures of my night…..
The next morning i woke up in my bed with little memory of how i got there.. my best friend was on my right, the trash can on my left. I could not move, i did not want to move. Throughout the day people told me of my previous actions accompanied by a bundle of pictures…. one picture in particular made me want to throw up…. not due to the ridiculous hangover i now attained… but due to the person in the picture… when i looked at the picture i no longer saw me…. i saw someone else… someone i never wanted to become… the reason alone i did not originally want to drink.
it goes without saying that after that night…. i was a lot more hesitant around alcohol. my friends still drink and i am ok with that… but i don’t. not because i think im “better” but because that’s not me.  
Now that i have been without a drink in a few months i feel like an outsider when everyone tells me about how “smashed” they got at that big party last night. i ask how their weekends went and they always say “broooooo it was legit” and when asked what happened they always say “hahahaha idkkkk”
why is that cool? can i get one true reason why? i don’t judge anyone that does drink because that is their choice and i have no room to judge anyone. i love my friends, without them i have no idea where i would be.. without them i wouldn’t have been able to get home that night. One of my close guy friends let me cling on to him the entire walk home that night. their choices are completely their own. why is it that we make a huge deal out of it? is it impossible to have fun without alcohol? 

No comments:

Post a Comment