Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Homeless Saw it Coming.

What's with the "hipsters"?? What the hell is a "hipster"?
I looked it up on the online dictionary and it gave me this definition: "a person, especially during the 1950s, characterized by particularly strong sense of alienation from most established social activities and relationships." 
Then, I searched again on the oh-so-reliable "urban dictionary", I recieved this definition: 
"A Hispter is a grown up scene kid. Too old to be a scenester, yet too young to say no to the common trend. Trendy. Grown up sceneyboppers."
.......... Sceneybopper? WHAT THE HELL IS A SCENEYBOPPER?  
Lets looked at the first definition and see if we can dissect it.... 
OK first..... this is not the 1950's this is 2011.... would you wear things from the fifties? Really? 
Out of the definitions I've reviewed, I've decided that a "hipster" is basically a person who feels the need to be "different" and "special"....
I am definitely all about being unique and doing whatever you feel like, but I feel as if it is being approached the wrong way. Everyone decides to be different by wearing odd clothes... unfortunately everyone is wearing the same clothes...... making them not so unique.
A few years ago everyone shopped at Hollister/ American Eagle and it was common for people to wear the same thing to school.....
Then we decide to be "different" the same way as everyone else? Now you can wear "hipster" clothes and still come to school matching someone else...... I think some people need to figure out what being different actually means? It has come to a point wear I look down the hall and ask myself "WHAT THE HELL???" It looks like people tossed miscellaneous articles of clothing together and went out in public...... No offense... but... you look homeless... Being different is great, but if you plan to call yourself different.... actually be different.... These hipster kids are starting to piss me off.... 
Some are ok, but most are just wearing the same thing as everyone else.... defeating the point completely. Conformist douche...

No comments:

Post a Comment