Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Politically Stupid!

Slapping a different heritage in front of "american" does not make something correct. We can't say "black" on a school paper, instead we are obligated to write "African-American"..... ok..... How many "African-Americans" have actually been to Africa?! Yea, i'm sure ancestors may have originated from Africa, but a lot of people are born and raised in America.
Plus what white person called themselves "English-American"? None.
Everyone is so damn sensitive... I'm not black, i'm African-american..... No your black, embrace it!
Almost every survey I've completed has asked the following of me:
"Please select all that apply, __Hispanic __Mexican-American __African-American __Asian __White"
REALLY WHAT THE HELL?! Race sensitivity..... White people tried the whole Caucasian thing for awhile but it ended much like this
"How do you spell Caucasian.... c-a-u-.... ahh screw it i'm white"  And that is ok... I am definitely not racist, but I don't see why it is politically correct to say African-American next to just White..
Do you know that some people that come from Africa are white.... I CALL ASSUMPTIONS! Screw it.... I'm now gonna refer to my ethnicity as "ENGLISH-AMERICAN" If you are not black then I am not white.... Politically correct my English American butt.
Skin color is skin color...... that is it. If you are an American then that should be it. We are UNITED so why make different sections of Americans. If your black, brown, red, yellow, white, purple, green, or blue who the hell cares?! You're an American.... then you're an American. If we want to really be united, why do we use segregation through ethnicity? As long as we use terms like "African-American" I will refer to myself as an "English-American", but any time else I'll say Americans come in all different colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment