Friday, August 24, 2012

A Voice


As a teenager, I feel like there is constantly an adult breathing down my neck, or speaking to me in a condescending manner. I may be young but that does not make me less of a member of society.  I have an opinion, I have a voice, and it is time I’m heard.

I am a member of the next generation. I should not feel unimportant due to my age, I should be looked at with hope because I know I will make in impact in someone’s life.

Last night I continued to think about the human trafficking issue from my earlier post. I sat and thought, ok, this is bad….. Then, how can I fix this? I found an organization called the Red Thread Movement; they sell red bracelets amongst other merchandise, in which all proceeds go toward saving girls in Nepal from trafficking. When I heard about their group, I immediately got in contact with them and told them of my interest in future involvement. They asked me when I was able to start and I told them now.

I am now a proud member of the Red Thread Movement Organization. 

I have begun planning events to help raise money and I am all smiles from ear to ear.

When I die I don’t need my name down in books, I don’t need everyone to remember me from generation to generation. What I do need, however, is for one person’s life to be changed because of my voice. I don’t need everyone to remember me; I just need one person to remember my actions.

Everyone has a voice, make yours loud and heard. Not just another murmur in the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment