Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pre-Man-Fast/ Cutting Ties


With these few days before the start of the man-fast, I am cutting ties with guys that I was talking to. This is not a good part of the fast. I know that it is going to piss some people off and hurt others; that is not my intention. I don’t want to hurt anyone but I am tired of hurting myself. I can’t do this anymore. Although it’s not a fun part, I must proceed.

First, I am deleting my “MeetMe” account tonight. The original point of the site was to meet people that live in your area. That quickly turned into a flirting/ perverted site for some people. I used it in search of friends, but got a number of creepy messages from lonely old men. EW. I did a decent job of blowing those guys off, however I believe that the site would be a distraction in my mission. Therefore, it is gone.

Second, I talked to a friend who was interested in me. I did not feel the same and tried to tell him I just wanted to be friends for the beginning but apparently he could not get that hint. I had to finally lay down the law and just say, I’m going on a fast and it is not going to happen between us. He was hurt. I feel really bad. I gave him the option of being friends but he said that he didn’t know if he could hang out as just friends. I completely understand where he is coming from.

Third, and lastly, I need to end any flirting that has been happening lately. In response to a flirty text from someone I had been talking to, I stated nicely that I just wanted to be friends for a while. His response was, “K what the fuck?” I felt a little bad but I had to let him know that it had to stop.

I needed to cut ties with everyone I was connected to. The first step in freedom is cutting the chains. May be a little uncomfortable but it needs to be done. I suppose this is a good way to figure out who really wants to be my friend, and who just sees me as a set of legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment