Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Senior Shenanigans #1


Well hello there, I’ve missed you.

If you weren’t already aware, I have an unnatural attraction toward random shenanigans. This being my last year of high school, I’ve decided to do miscellaneous shenanigans as often as possible.  So, of course, I’ve started a new series about shenanigans, performed by myself and others.

First off, I would like to explain my use of the word shenanigans. I decided shenanigans rather than pranks because not all shenanigans are pranks, but all pranks are shenanigans.

Today is the last day of school before fall break so my lunch table and I decided to hold a Thanksgiving dinner together. My friends are like family to me, so what would thanksgiving be without them? We had a table cloth, decorative hand turkeys, puppy chow, pie, fried chicken (yes, fried chicken), BBQ sauce, light bulb candles, and a center piece. We all decorated the table, dressed nicely, and sat down together for prayer. Our peers filled the cafeteria with looks of both confusion and envy. The principal looked very confused about our operation. It was nice.

It wasn’t a prank but it was funny and unexpected. Almost as unexpected as the pie smear on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment