Friday, December 16, 2011

Confessions of the "Average" Working Girl #1

Since work has become my most frequent activity of choice I deemed it appropriate to blog the events that occur behind the scenes of a restaurant.
I have recently become an employee at a local steakhouse.... I bus tables... Not only am I a busser, I'm currently the only female busser.
As the only female bus at the restaurant I've picked up a few fun facts....
1) A lot of people wonder if I'm straight or not.... I am.
2) Seems as though the only males to find me attractive while covered in gunk....are gross themselves.
3) Bathroom checks for the chick room...... EW FREAKIN' EW... ok?
4) The dishwashers will speak Spanish because they think you don't understand... tisk tisk.
In all honesty I love my job so far. Most of the people are chill and I have an excuse to be elbow deep in filth.
I hate the douche bags that complain about their jobs all the time..... If you do that, you suck.
If you haven't noticed, a lot of people are really trying to get jobs right now so if you have one you are already lucky. Even if your boss is lame, even if you don't get paid a ton, a job is a job so stop complaining or quit.
Be happy with what you have and make the most of it because your life could one day flip and you'll be begging for anything you can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment